Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Defeating the Purpose of Wireless Networking

Destroying my wireless network card's antenna has actually now rendered me worse off than I was before having wireless at all. My wireless range is about 3 metres max, and the signal goes out now and then almost at random. Seeing the plastic bits hanging from the little destroyed card still clinging to life, with the flashing green LED telling me I have a signal, is like watching Astroboy's broken body fighting for life as his battery runs out, desperately trying to hold onto some spark of life. The Ironic part is that I have network cables that are easily five times as long as my current wireless range, but as I mentioned before that's no help anymore either. So today, because I am doing some work with someone else, I had to actually lug my entire wireless rig, plus the ADSL modem, downstairs to the living room so we could have networking capabilities.

I just love technology.

By al - 8:30 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger