Thursday, August 19, 2004

Short Notice Trip to PEI

OK, so I'll be on the Island from this afternoon through probably only tomorrow (or Saturday). Whenever I need to find something to do I first go to The Buzz's web site to see their nifty calendar of events. The one that looked kind of interesting was Sketch 22, an improv show put on by blogroll resident Rob MacD and a few others, looks like the successor to the 4-Play show a few years back (2 of the same guys, the other being perennial CBC guy Matt Rainnie.) Last time I saw 4-Play I ended up on stage for one of the skits and actually managed to throw out a few audience-pleasing lines and got Mr. Rainnnie to do a dance. A worthy accomplishment in my mind. Not much else in the Buzz, Fat Jebus is playing at Baba's, and there'd be nothing more exciting than going on a trip only to find the biggest band playing in your destination is a mainstay of The Cellar. Fun times.

Or I may just stay in and do some more desperate thesis work. (you know, the boring and sensible option.) Being my productive self I did arrange to get in touch with someone from a contract I'm working on while at home. If I get any more efficient I might need to get a day planner. I love that I've developed applications, and an XML library, for the Palm OS but I don't even have the need to own one myself.

By al - 6:25 a.m. |

Comments:
Rob MacD posting anonymously... just to clarify, Sketch 22 is not an improv show. It's scripted comedy. If you're still on the Island, and end up going to the show tonight (Friday), I'd recommend getting your ticket(s) early, as we expect tonight's show to be sold out (as the last few have been. The show is doing extremely well, people are loving it). Doors (and box office) open at 7pm, show starts at 8.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger