Friday, June 16, 2006

Time for an Upgrade

Well, people might not have noticed, but I rebooted my server last night. So, it was down for about 5-10 minutes. Apparently, X/GNOME and UPSMON managed to leak all by 2MB of physical memory plus all my swap space so it was just swapping processes like crazy. I guess I can't complain too much, it ran over 96 days straight. I'm thinking I might want to clean up the server again and install something newer. Might try the new Mandriva. Maybe Fedora Core. Definitely something that works with my UPS out of the box.

I've been thinking about upgrading my gaming rig lately as well. The GeForce 4200Ti is getting pretty antiquated. Been thinking about what to get. A dual-core CPU and all latest gear would be nice, but that's a bit expensive. Not sure there would be a big jump in performance either. I might be able to make do with just a video card update, only gripe currently is Guild Wars is a bit laggy. A bigger monitor would be nice too.

By Ming - 4:01 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger