Thursday, September 22, 2005

“Stop blogging and help me for fuck's sake”

Morning of the trip. I've used the phrase ‘rough night’ a few times in the past but I'll be using it a lot less frequently from now on, because I'll have last night to compare it too Pants has contracted an apparent case of food poisoning from a donair he ate yesterday. Apparently eating something made entirely from disgusting ingredients and prepared in a doubtlessly unsanitary environment can actually have consequences, like making the trip to Halifax look like scaling mount Everest when you're facing it.

Don't know when I'll have an internet connection again but I'll be keeping a diary or recording an audio file (what snobs call 'podcasting') and maybe using the movie function of my camera to document our adventures. You should be thankful I'm not using any recording methods right now or you'd be hearing Pants upending his stomach at the moment.

I didn't get much sleep at all and instead got through most of the audio book of Nick Hornby's “A Long Way Down” which I was planning on listening to during the trip. At least I'll be zonked on the way to Hali now.

This is even before alcohol has reared its ugly head. Lord help us all.

PS. Apparently Taylor's not having the best pre-trip night, either.

By al - 6:30 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger