Wednesday, September 21, 2005

13 Hours Till Departure

So now I'm just running around the house trying to figure out what I need to pack and doing laundry and taking care of a few last-minute emergencies before I can get off this island for a few days.

There's a pretty solid plan for the day of the show, with pre-parties and standing in line for fan club tickets and after-parties and such. The day afterwards we'll have most of the day free to bum around Halifax because our plane doesn't leave until late in the evening. I definitely want to check out the Freak Lunchbox. Likely we'll be meeting up with a couple of Ch'town locals who are already in Halifax partying it up for a good solid week (and who were smart enough to plan to see Buck 65 the night before PJ. Wish I'd have known that was happening a little earlier. Then again I wish I'd have been able to get hold of some of the surprise second date St. John's tickets before booking the plane tickets. Such is life, though. There weren't any fan club only tickets for St. John's #2, which is nice for the locals who may have been crowded out by the hardcore fans following the band around. *cough*)

We were going to bring a voice recorder along but me being totally behind the times I only realized when I tried to look for one that Sony has discontinued the minidisc recorders completely. What I'll try and do instead is take my laptop with me and take ample movies with my digital camera and off-load them onto the lappy whenever I get a minute. The camera takes fairly good quality mpeg-4 movies and I've got a 256MB memory card, so it should be as good as those crappy flash-based dictation recorders that you can get at Staples which don't sound any better than a Fisher-Price tape recorder (which are indestructible, by the way. If I still had mine from when I was a kid I'm sure it would still work flawlessly.)

So gadget-wise I'm covered. Going to try a little extreme packing again to try and get everything I need stuffed into one backpack. If I can do it for a week+-long trip to San Francisco then 3.5 days is child's play.

The next thing I have to do is print off our flight schedule and hotel confirmation numbers to have them on hand. And also the list of places to hang out in St. John's that Sabrina made for us. We'll have to get maps and such when we're there. I've tried the printing out a google map page thing and it just doesn't cut it.

It's been a rough past week or so for a few of us going on this trip. Hopefully the shock to the system that this trip will provide will hit our internal reset buttons and we'll all be feeling more up to facing every day life afterwards. And if not we can always check out apartments in Halifax while we're there.

By al - 5:52 p.m. |

Comments:
i'm rather proud to say i spent 40$ at freak lunchbox.

i'm rather disappointed in myself to say i spent $40 at freak lunchbox.

yay freak lunchbox!

-janelle
 
i kinda wish we had've been able to meet up with you guys sooner, maybe show you some really cool places or something. or to just hang out or something.

buck 65 was kick-fucking-ass man. definitely a good primer for pearl jam the next night.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger