Monday, June 06, 2005

Banquet

It was a great time. I had 13 kids all who swam with me coaching them since about the middle of April + 1 that moved on to a higher group about a month after I had been there. This past weekend was a blast. All my swimmer and all the swimmer of the bluephins did really well. My swimmers blew me a away making A standards and making personal best after personal best. Every one swam and everyone raced, it was a sight to see. Truely it was sportsmanship at its best. I watched swimmers do cheers at the beginging of the meet.Stand at attention for Oh Canada. I watched 8 year old races that had my heart pounding, because they were so close. It was like watching an olympic meet. A few hundreds of a second would seperate these kids. One of the other coaches said he could barely handle the pressure. Then I watched one of my own swimmers come two hundreds of a second from the first place and I thought I was going to yell my lungs out. If you enjoy sports this is a must see. The excitement may appear minamal when you see it, but truely parents kids and coaches get so over excited to see eachother swim. It truely is a team sport.
Tonight to mark the end of the year we had a banquet at the Culanary instatute, where the food was fanamanal! Garlic roasted vegetables....oh sweet heaven. I must say I love my veggies, but to smoother them in garlic and roast them up a bit. Wow!
During the ceremony they handed out awards. There were tears, and laughter and things of that sort. But it is crazy fun. The kids did not for a second let me forget I was their coach and not the other way around. They swarmed me and told me stories of what they have been up to since yesterday. The yell out the correct age group when they announcer got their age group wrong. It was really a nice day.
Got a bunch of pictures and a neat little bag. Way better than my previous sports bag.

By Sabrina - 9:56 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger