Thursday, May 26, 2005

While you are in NL

Hey Al...For the pearl jam concert...I checked out some of the venues for you while I was away. I posted them On computer punk but I think will intends on making the thread private, kind of got the feeling he wasn't so appreciative and I didn't know if that meant all post by other people would disappear or not...I suppose that would be his thing anyway so here is the list of things I remember that were accessible for Justin ( I can't remember who asked if it was you or Justin...Maybe both but any way)

I was suppose to check out potential venues for hanging out for you guys while I was in Newfoundland this past week. St. John's is an awesome city...Wish I was going with you...There is a lot to do...Lots to see...If you get a chance go up signal hill...I love the view up there... There are a few look offs that are nice...As long as the fog isn't in. If you get the chance the graffiti art in the down town area is spectacular to see...Too.

The concert is probably in the stadium which is not to far from down town...Anyone you ask in St. John's will probably point you in the right direction...If you ant I can put you in contact with Erin or various others who can help you a bit too.


list I can remember

Grape vine..There is a one step lift to get Justin over...Can be iffy...Quite often has live music...But it is unpredictable as to what will be played.

Etomic....Accessible at a side gate...Probably a poor choice...Dance bar....

There is a new bar that has an entrance of New Gower St....But I can't remember the name....This one is probably the most suitable

Kelly's pub.....Again not a good choice

Erin's.....Normally Celtic music...But I have found some good times there.

Bitters....But that is away from the down town area...Up by the university...But you can get food there.

Probably more...Just not in my head right now. The majority of the Bars and pubs still allow smoking inside right now...However while I was there I learned they are changing as of September so I have now Idea what will be going on at that time.


Restaurants

Jungle Jims...I like the food there especially the chimmi cheese cake.
down town area...But it will be good for the meat eaters too.


Pasta Plus....I love the food there...But it has many veggie options...

bagel cafe...Personal opinion is that it is the best breakfast place in town...Might be a bit tight...But should be fine.


I believe most of the coffee shops on water street are accessible too, many are closed around 9 ish.

Classic cafe use to be but I didn't get there this time to see if it has changed.


Warning to walking around downtown St. John's. Some of the streets are very steep Justin make sure your breaks are in good order. Oh and watch out for the pot holes.

Subway...Near George St. Always open when the bars close...

By Sabrina - 6:42 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger