Saturday, May 21, 2005

Give me my monk's cell

The spectacle of me working on some Perl code on my laptop at Timothy's was probably enough to scare away customers. I never quite realized that my odd habits while thinking about code were so unconscious.. like my lips moving while reading code I don't understand, or a tendency to start to nod to whatever music I am listening to, or pointing at different lines on my screen, drawing imaginary lines between them.

I thought such things were me being perhaps a little eccentric, but I'm starting to wonder if my mind gets really warped when I am trying to write code with the thought processes I have to go through that I maybe forget to not act like a dork in public.

Perhaps the fact that I was feeling a little gloomy today had an effect on me as well, but I'm starting to think that the only way I can appear to be 'normal' is if acting normal is the only thing on my mind at a given moment.

By al - 10:01 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger