Monday, May 23, 2005

Dream Diary: Fancy Big-City Lawyer Type Edition

Dream

Set in the house I grew up in before I was 10 years old, but in the present. k (my sister) is living in the basement and I'm living in the top part.

k has a friend who is having computer trouble, he thinks someone has maliciously deleted some of his files. As I'm down there, sitting at the same yellow table where my very first computer lived, poking away at a PC (don't remember anything particular about it or the screen) k's friend, who is very worked up, also calls a lawyer to come in. She arrives, and is this extremely beautiful short-haired blonde with a tongue like a whip.

We sit at the computer trying to figure out what's happened. She suggests looking in some kind of history file, and there is everything the dude thought was missing. I say "Wow, you're kind of like really really expensive tech support," and she says "yeah I see this all the time."

While she was sitting at the computer she said she was uncomfortable because she only liked to sit in one chair in a given day, and asked if I would bring the chair down from upstairs for her. I find this a little bizaare, but I go upstairs and bring down a chair that's just large enough to be difficult to get through the basement apartment door. As I'm struggling she comes out and says "OK, I'm done." and I say "well, you can bring this chair back upstairs, then."

I don't think she was too keen on that idea.

The scene switches to the front yard, there's snow on the ground, lots and lots of snow, piled high, the way it used to when we were kids before global warming. k comes around the back of the house and says that her window is broken. She is worried that our father will be mad, but I remind her that he isn't here and that we can just fix it ourselves.

Her friend suggests sticking an inflatable shark into the hole in the window to keep the wind out and then we can just fix it later, as he waves the pool toy shark around.

At this point I just decide to lie in the snow and look up at the sky, and I wake up rather peacefully in the same position.
Technorati Tags:

By al - 10:09 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger