Friday, May 20, 2005

I made it. It was a crazy long drive which started on the red mud. With a short but uncomfortable drive. My sister and her husband joined me and my roommate until we got to pictou.

On the boat we played poker and with a lot of confidence in one hand I bet high. After all everyone had 4 cards showing and I had three kings. There was no chance that anyone had any royal flush or anything of that sort. I had the forth king (a wild card in my hand). Steve beat me with 4 aces. urg.....

Anyway in the great metropolis of Pictou I managed to get lost and instead of returning to the highway when I dropped my sister and her husband off I ended back at the PEI Ferry....urg. Then Steve and I raced to get the Newfoundland boat. Which we did and slept horribly with the noise of the boat and the sound of old men snoring.

Newfoundland roads are set up so there is only one way to get from Port aux Basque to St. John's and that is the long way around. There were many obstacles such as slow moving red cars...A place where the majority of the highway was a big hole and we had to wait for single lain traffic to be open to our direction. And when I thought I could not drive anymore 10 hours of driving later, we arrived in St. John's.....Note PEI must explain to Newfoundland the nice thing about having multiple roots to get everywhere.

By Sabrina - 9:23 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger