Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Video Games and Stuff

I mentioned I'd give my opinion of Guild Wars, a PC on-line game I got a few weeks ago. Well, it's pretty fun, much like a better version of Diablo. Like Diablo, it quickly degenerates into a hack and slash game and interaction with other players can be rather limited. I've been running around trying to get different armor pieces for my character but that's been a rather fruitless exercise; read on the net that that's not possible in the area I'm currently in. Quests tend to be pretty simplistic and can be completed by just following the arrows to the next check point. It's enjoyable, but has the potential to get dull rather quickly.

Got my new PS2. Nothing really special about it except it has a different chip and plays more games. I was reading that I can play DiVX and other media files with it. Flashable BIOS via a CD-R. I'll probably explore the more interesting features of the new chip once I'm bored of Guild Wars.

Tried to mod a friend's XBox, again. For something that is supposely easy to mod, it's proving to be rather annoying. It's not like the PS2 modchips where you have to be a professional to solder the damn chip in. The progression basically when like this: Tried to softmod the console. Microsoft patched that hole. Got a modchip. Company I bought it from didn't include the adapter board so I can install it on that version of the XBox. On top of that, having problems flashing the BIOS on that chip as well (damn USB). Frustration is slowly setting in.

BTW, the foundation of the house is done. I'll have to post some pictures later.

By Ming - 3:21 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger