Monday, May 30, 2005

Memos: Monster in my Pocket Edition

  • I need to go clothes shopping this week for a trip to a conference. I've gotten away with pants with frayed cuffs and holes in the pockets up until now, but this is as good an excuse as any to get a bit of a wardrobe refresher. Any females want to come and keep my from pulling a Bertie Wooster? (Finding a Jeeves on such short notice is certainly too much to ask.

  • Anyone in the mood for something other than the usual Tim Horton's should go to the Formosa Tea House and ask for a green milk tea with half sugar. Normally it's way too sweet and you can barely taste the tea, but when you ask for half it really hits the flavour zone.

  • The computerpunk crowd are now contemplating another gettogether on the Summer Solstice. Someone suggested being ballsy and trying to get it off as a religious holiday. I like that idea.

  • Thanks to a certain generous soul I'm now the proud owner of 40 gigs of concert bootlegs, more music than I'l lever be able to digest before my computer blows up and I lose it all. I told myself a couple of weeks ago if I promised myself to not buy any CDs for 2 months I could buy myself an iPod. I think I just found my justification.

  • Culinary revelation of the weekend: apple slices in a stir-fry: good.

  • Culinary revelation of the weekend #2: Even the so-called Thai Pasta at the Gahan House must have enough Thai something-or-other in it to make my gut go all flippy. Maybe it's a subconscious pre-determined reaction to that case of food-poisoning I got at the UNB Thai Student Society dinner one year. (What a night to take a pseudo-date on.. :P )

By al - 1:13 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger