Saturday, April 09, 2005

Memos: Four Records Long Edition

  • Was over at Justin's place last night, after Sabrina, Kim, Jamie and I buzzed his apartment and were let it, we get up there to find an empty, dark apartment. We still haven't figured out who was there (Jamie swears he hit the right button). Naturally we just hung out in there and scared the shit out of him when he got back from work.

    After the rest of them took off J. and I listened to the White Album all the way through and had a good old fashioned 'The Beatles are the most important cultural icons of the last century'-session. After that Will came over and we did more of the talking a lot about a whole lot of nothing thing.

  • Been on a Pixies obsession lately, ever since finding the purple album (a bunch of alternative versions of Pixies songs not released until about 10 years after the band broke up) at Radioland on Thursday. I like going on little walks in the afternoon during work, often just going over to a record store and looking at everything in the store in no particular order. Have found a few gems that way so far. Plus it's a nice break from staring at code or the usual office nonsense.

    On another Pixies-related note, listening to Frank Black screaming with headphones may lead to mental instability. It's highly recommended.

  • With the edition of our latest hire at work we now have a full band, with guitar (me), drums a bass player and a lovely singing voice. Playing music is the fourth thing that I would add to the set of hobbies eerily common to techies, bicycling, coding and excessive coffee consumption / pickiness. Any geek paradise will need to include some sound equipment, methinks.

  • Two people separately mentioned to me about wanting to get PowerBooks today. I think the theory of the Alpha Geeks switching to Macs is holding true, as all the tech-savvy people I know are all getting rather Mac-curious. If I didn't love the speakers and screen of my Toshiba Satellite so much I think I'd be getting a Mac right this minute. But having them at work and a different platform at home is a good way to keep the two worlds separate, I think.

By al - 8:07 p.m. |

Comments:
At least Mel is, at any rate, since it's actually her that wants one ;)
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger