Monday, January 17, 2005

D&D Gone High Tech. . . .

Finding good role-players is a problem. Eventually, I will have to concede that I won't be able to travel to PEI as often to play D&D. So, after a rather poor gaming session, I spotted an old D&D buddy online and we started reflecting on the old days, mentioned a few things going on in my game, the whole catching up thing.

Through the conversation, he mentioned he hadn't played for years and would like to play via e-mail or something if it wasn't for a typing injury. After that, I remembered people using MSN to do video and voice conversations. . . put things together, I could start playing D&D with people across the province over the web with streaming video/audio. Now, how cool is that?

By Ming - 9:06 p.m. |

Comments:
Your best bet would probably be Skype, since it supports up to 10 people in one teleconference, and doesn't have firewall / NAT issues that MSN does with its one-on-one audio chats.

I've been finding that skype's sound quality is also quite good, and it's cross platform.

my username is alexanderoneill
 
Skype. . . I forgot about that. I just thought MSN because I we both use it already (though I use the GPL'd AMSN client on my own computers). I think I'll be taking a look at Skype later on this week.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger