Monday, November 15, 2004

Me being me.

One of the things that irritate me is that every time I get sick people tell me to drink lot's of orange juice. Why would one get irritated about this well I am allergic to oranges. So I want an alternate source of vitamin C. Well today I was looking up information on Mango's and what kind of nutritional values they have and I came across something of interest. Kiwi's have more vitamin C than Oranges and not just a little more, almost double. I remembering hearing that on the news once but I thought I should check this out a bit before I actually believe it but truly they do. Even Canada's food guide indicates that a 76 g has 57 mg of vitamin C and a 131g orange has 70 mg....Doing the math that mean per g Kiwi have 40% more vitamin C than an orange.

For a suggestion next time you have a cold munching down on a Kiwi will have better results than vitamin C. (However only eating vitamin C when you get sick is not the answers. People who eat vitamin C filled food on a regular basis will already have the boost from the vitamin C)

By Sabrina - 5:05 p.m. |

Comments:
Broccoli is also loaded full of that crap.
 
I wonder why they don't sell plain kiwi juice? I've seen strawberry-kiwi juice but never just kiwi juice. Maybe it tastes bad as a juice.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger