Thursday, October 14, 2004

On Having an Entire Movie Theatre to Yourself

Tonight was just the second night that City Cinema was playing Collateral, so I thought I should get their a little bit early in case there was a line, just to make sure I could get to my my seat before the movie started (without 15 minutes of commercials before the movie this is actually an issue).

So I went there straight from work, but when I got there the place was literally empty. The girl beind the concession counter just seemed happy to have somebody there. She was as nice as could be though, which made me smile after a day of staring at a computer screen.

As I was taking my food in she said "I hope your favourite seat isn't taken". Ha ha. So just when I was walking into the theatre, the other guy who was working that night went to turn on the projector, and the film started just as I was sitting down, the only one for whom the movie was playing.

It's sort of like having the biggest, greatest TV ever.

As for the movie itself, it was good, but sort of felt like somebody else making a film in the style of Michael Mann rather than something new from him. Too many clichés, perhaps, though that was probably what he was going for, to make a straight-up thriller type movie. The characters were all a bit too two-dimensional, though.

By al - 9:13 p.m. |

Comments:
In high school me and a friend (Justin Schwager) wondered to the movie theater on the Greenwood base. The two of us ended up haveing the entire theater to ourselves....It would have been more interesting had we been more than just friends and the movie had been something more exciting than "Muppets treasure island"


An empty theater felt so weird..... and made it so easy for them to realize we had brought our own food.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger