Monday, September 06, 2004

timbits

a bit more of my work. Mostly because I got 4 pages written in the last few days. and now I ahve hit writers block....urg.... I think this portion border on corny...I might make some changes...not sure yet....


This replied only sparked more curiosity in Verra, and she yearn to ask him more.

“Like other priest we work for the gods, we help those find there way to the halls of light, but unlike the other priest we are allowed to marry and have families, our children follow in our foot steps, we are allowed to be men and women, we are allowed to work in the villages and above all we are allowed to accept gifts, such as this wondrous apple you gave me. Best gift I have received in years.” He took a final bit out of the apple and let the core fall to the ground.

“Forgive my ignorance, I have grown with out education and with out and religion to help me… I don’t know what kind of priest you are, or where you come from.”

“Easy child; I don’t know who you are either, or where you come from… but I do know you are a kind hearted and generous soul.” He smiled at her and gave her his hand. “Follow me child and I will help you with that education and religion. I am Ranmaral of the order of knighted priest to the house and kingdom of light. I am a single step on the path to the halls of light and I hope I have found a new friend to share it with.”

Verra, who had never found anything in her life, found this old man and took his hand and followed him. They walked slowly down the muddy road, and shortly took a turn onto narrow path. The path was well beaten down, except none of the large rocks which stuck out of the ground had ever been move. The man walked slowly but with confidence down that road, and his eyes always looking forward and never down. Verra still clasping the man’s hand stumbled on the rocks and walked with her eyes on his back and the ground. The path was narrow, but it was by no means small, they had walked the sun down and the star out before they came to a small building.

“Verra, this is where I am from. This is my home and this is where I worship the gods. This is where I was educated and this is where I will teach you, if you let me?”

In her mind Verra had never felt so calm and in her heart she had never agreed to anything so quickly.

She nodded.





By Sabrina - 5:29 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger