Saturday, September 04, 2004

Best Birthday in Years

Okay the horror of turning another year older seems to increase as we move from adolencences to adults. For me the last several years my birthday has not meant a lot. It seems no matter where I was no one was ever there. If I was in school, people had not shown up, or they had gone away for that last little vacation before school started. If I was at home everyone else had moved on back to school that year.
A few friends have always made the effort to make my birthday better. Chantal you are on the top of tha list. As well Erin Smyth has to make this list. Last year when everyone else had left newfoundland she took me out for some much need fun. Scatter emails and birthday cards have always helped the birthday seem less painful.
But this year it seems like everyone remembered that I was hear. Things started with a birthday card from Jessica ward (she was my best friend in high school and I still think of her as one of my closest friends) included with that card was a toe ring (which I broke my old one a few weeks ago) and an anklet ( I am now wearing both peaces). Then it seemed like I just finished reading that card when I sat to my computer and there was two e-cards both from Chantal wishing me a happy birthday. Chantal I love you dearly and will hope to have you in my life forever, even if we can only talk over msn, email and blog. In the list of people who helped make the day better a birthday wish came from Justin Tucker (from NFLD, very good friend) Erin Smyth, Chelsea Cadwel, Ming Duc Wong, Cory St. Croix and Carla Yetman. Most people on this list got me via MSN or email and each message was greatly appreaciated. This morning was a good day because I woke up before my alarm went off, so no noisy buzer. And I might as well been completely spoiled at work. First when I walked in Richard yelled a happy birthday wich started my smiles and a few more people made the wish. Ben Bernard from my Lab put a happy birthday wish on the white board at work. that was pretty cool. The day continued as Krista, Kristin, Krystine, Tansy, Mike, Jodi all wished me a happy birthday. Break time came along with donuts from all over the place were given to the R&D department to eat. Yummy.
As the afternoon progressed I got a surprize of a cake all decorated with red triming and sprinkly like things. The cake was marble and realy enjoyable.
Then as the afternoon ended I got a few Happy birthdays on my way out the door. I of coarse did not go directly home I stoped at the mall to get my eye brows waxed (a very needed process). In the process I stopped at People where my sister had once worked. I knew they had questions about Kim they always do. But I ran into a birthday party while I was there. and go a wonderful piece of very chocolately cake and several more happy birthday wishes. (if confused it was the birthday of one of the girls at the store as well). This was kind of fun. At home after I rushed around to prepare some tarts and clean my house and me my sister and Jamie show up with b'day wishes as well. They gave me the mini cup cake pan I wanted for a a while. Both my mother and my father call me to wish me well and my roomate gave me a card with half naked men on it. Works for me (gay men rock). Then the crowd shows up Alex shows up with his birthday wish, followed by Jodi and Mike morgan and there friend Al. Then by Krista and Billy. Once the drinking had comenced it moced from my appartment down to bar on victoria row where we watched people from work pay 80's rock and I danced the night away. Tanzy and her sister showed as well as Elia and her friend. It turned out to be a great day. Thanks all who helped with that.

By Sabrina - 1:54 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger