Sunday, September 28, 2003

Having just watched 4 hours of straight racing on TSN, F1 then CART Champ Cars, I say they need better microphones to pick up more of the racing sounds. The high-pitched whine that comes through just isn't remotely comparable to the thundering roar of actually being at the track.

There was an HD broadcast of the CART race at Road America a couple of months ago, and those lucky enough to be able to watch it with the right equipment said it was lightyears beyond normal racing coverage, both visually and aurally. I was skeptical of the need for HDTV rollout before hearing that. Between actaully being able to hear what a race really sounds like, and from the feedback I read, seeing little bumps and pieces of debris in the cars parts, and being able to see a hockey game where the puck is more than just a tiny blur, I say bring it on. I may even have a job and a house with enough room for a proper system by then :)

By al - 7:45 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger