Thursday, August 21, 2003

Auto-biography


Growing up naturally changes one's tastes in cars. I had a shitload of dinky cars as a kid and can trace my love affair with the horseless carriage as follows:


The Early Years
Lamborghini Countach
Dodge Charger (General Lee)
Pontiac Firebird (KITT)
Lincoln Futura (Batmobile)

Man I wanted these real bad as a kid, not knowing anything about leasing and financing at the time mind you. No to mention rarity and attracting gobs of unwanted attention.


The Dark Years
Chevrolet Lumina
Dodge Daytona

No. I'm not joking. I watched NASCAR in my teens. Thank God I grew tired of ovals.


The GT Years
Honda Civic
Subaru Impreza
Mitsubishi Lancer
Mazda Protege
Nissan Skyline

Thank you Sony.


The Present
Acura TSX
BMW 3 Series
Mazda 6
Cadillac CTS
Subaru Legacy
Saab 9-3
Volvo S40
Audi A4

Nowadays, I'm thinking about what my next car might be. The list above has that sharp edgy styling look that I'm a sucker for. Plus the requisite "I may look like your old man's car but if you step to me in that bling Civic I'm gonna hand your ass to you" chic.

No doubt I've left many cars out including a lot of stuff that only exists in my dreams like a Ford GT or Ferrari 360 Modena. But that'll be a topic for another day.

By TVT - 11:32 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger