Monday, July 10, 2006

Pablo

This bit of news made me do a double take. I'd never be able to go from the world stage to be big fish in the US oval.

He's got the skills. If he doesn't cut it in NASCAR then what? Back to go carts? I mean. Gah! There's Touring Cars, Rallying, LeMans, plenty of other non-oval series.

Ah well. Matters not. I don't really follow F1 as much as I used to. I just thought it funny that someone would actually be willing to trade Monaco for Martinsville. Umm. See you at the Neighborhood Excellence 400 presented by Bank of America.

By TVT - 11:45 a.m. |

Comments:
The writing was on the wall for his spot at McLaren, and he did wni the Indy 500 so he's no stranger to oval racing. He also seemed to enjoy the time he switched cars with Jeff Gordon, when both drivers put in very respectable times in each others' rides.

He's only won a handrul of races, and his average finish has gone further and further back over the years since he debuted in F1, so perhaps he just wants a change.
 
Come to think of it, I'm surprised Jacques Villeneuve hasn't made this move already, he could have gone for being the first person to win the Indy 500, the CART / IndyCar (as it was known back then) championship, the F1 World Championship and the NASCAR title. That would have been a much better way to end a career than fighting for a drive at a new team.

I think he's just a bit too addicted to the F1 lifestyle to think of it as an option at this point, though.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger