Thursday, March 02, 2006

Okay so over last couple of days I have been sick and yesterday it caused such great boredom I went to work today, only to be sent home halfway through the day. I understand why. The facet that has currently replaced my nose is not attractive but is rather repulsive. The brilliant red color of said facet is also more of a repellent than anything. And no one seems to appreciate my new ability to make noise. The hacking sounds make people move back, the sniffly sounds, have people passing boxes to me. A few other dramatic sounds have landed me home early.

I think I might be one of those people who don't know how to lay back and relax.

By Sabrina - 7:08 p.m. |

Comments:
Employers do not want sick people at work as they might spread it to other employees.

Other people generally don't want to be sick.

As much as I detest the feeling of not accomplishing anything, there's not much one can do when one is really sick. I usually just do everything in my power to get well as soon as possible so I can get back to work.
 
i understand... all too well. although, at the moment i'm not quite this bad. but, give it a couple of days. trust me.

unforunately... i get no sick days. and get few enough hours as it is. also i don't really have anyone who can cover my shifts. so they're stuck with me going to work. i don't like to do this, as it will probably make everyone else sick around me. but unfortunately visa and student loans think otherwise.
 
I'm always scared about using up sick days incase I get something really nasty and need more than one or two days to get well.

there are levels of sick, this is not the worst, it just sounds bad. it can be hard not to go into work especially when we are trying so hard to accomplish projects. I just want things to move a head at a resonable pace. I gave up yesterday hoping today would be better. That did not work very well. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
 
I can count the number of sick days I've taken since I left University. That would be 4. I've been out of University for 5 years, so that's less than a day a year. I'm not particularly worried about having to take a few days if necessary.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger