Thursday, June 02, 2005

Preparing for WWDC

I'm writing this post on the PowerBook I've managed to wrangle up to take with me to the World Wide Developer Conference. Compared to my Toshiba it's like the perky charming little pixie chick compared with a beefy, burly girl with a case of soccer-ass.

Our first adventure will be trying to get the software and development tools installed either on the plane or in the hotel room so that we can actually participate in the sessions we're going to have come across a continent to take part in.

I'm trying the 'extreme packing' strategy for this trip, mostly so I don't have to deal with potentially lost luggage. I can bring 2 sets of clothes, plus the set I'll be wearing, and do a laundry halfway through the conference, and I should have clean clothes every day with half the travel weight.

The only other things I need to bring will be the PowerBook, my camera and battery charger, toiletries, a pen and pad and some conference schedules, plus a high-res Google map of San Francisco showing the route between the Ramada hotel and the Moscone Conventon Center.

So the plane leaves tomorrow at 6am, and we'll get a couple of days to do our own thing before the conference starts. So anyone with any suggestions for things to see or places to go should definitely speak up. I've posted a MetaFilter Meetup notice, hopefully I'll get to meet a few fellow MeFites while I'm there.

So the next week will be filled with me blogging WWDC and fawning over Apple gadgets and whatever Steve Jobs pimps at the Keynote on Monday morning. I know you all just can't wait. Hopefully I'll remember to take lots of pictures, too. Perhaps it's time to upgrade to Flickr pro.

By al - 8:37 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger