Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Moncton Move Notes: Webserver Defunct

I've been having problem with the thing lately. The machine has been having problems powering up. It's been having problems working with the new router. I think the power supply on the machine is on it's last legs and as it was a laptop in a previous life, I figured it would be a good idea to decommission the machine before it melted down completely.

So, I have moved all services from the webserver and moved them to the fileserver. . . which is now the everything server. Switched services from dhis to dyndns, so any bookmarks to my old web address won't work. dhis just wasn't working well with the new router and Aliant in NB rotates IPs like crazy! It's rather annoying really. Now that everything is up and running at the new location, I might just get more free time to work on my webpage project I've been putting off for a while now.

Moved the futon from the house to my sister's place. Although the futon it's exactly much better than the air mattress I was sleeping on, it does fit better in the room I'm in and hence a lot more space to move around. Spent some time rearranging the room so it's more liveable. I think I can afford some cheap futon mods, like some egg carton padding or something like that. That would be nice anyways.

By Ming - 3:05 p.m. |

Comments:
Thanks for updating the photo galley links, I was going to do that myself. The nice thinga bout dyndns is that my router works with it automaticaly. Also, your new name is a lot easier to spell than your old domain. The old one had too many vowels.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger