Monday, November 01, 2004

This reality fad has got to stop

I'm all for realism in gaming (to an extent). I mean, I love that shit. Sponsors? Licenses? Those inclusions into a simulated racer, sports game, or flight sim bring a smile to my face. Now I dunno if this is a hoax or not. But I'm gonna chalk it up to really bad taste.

I mean, I love the fact that GT4 has 500 plus real world simulated cars. But I don't think Sony's going to add a simulation mode where you get to re-enact Ayrton Senna or Dale Earnhardt's final moments.

Grand Theft Auto is one thing. I don't care for the game but I have no issues with people playing it. You wanna act out your aggression in a fully realized crime world? Go nuts. Get it out of your system.

The point is Rockstar Games didn't set out to milk something by making, oh say, Rodney King Two Point Oh.

By TVT - 1:10 p.m. |

Comments:
I dunno, I somehow don't think it's as bad as games where you pretend to kill things.
 
Pretending to kill things is highly enjoyable. Watching is too. Whether stomping goombas or using the sniper rifle, it sates those of us with blood lust.

Holding a game controller does not embue you with the power to weild a gun, sword, or be proficient in the martial arts.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger