Saturday, September 11, 2004

Stupid Broken Water Pipe

Nothing better than getting up in the morning to make yourself a pot of coffee and watch F1 qualifying only to turn on the tap and have only a few drips of water come out, because apparently a bent pipe in the front yard is more important than my caffeine injection. At least I had gotten a shower already, having no coffee is bad enough, but having no coffee and being smelly would be a great deal worse.

Now I'm thinking about just how much water people use in a given day. We filled up the bathtub for the toilet tank and stuff like that, but that still doesn't cover the fact that I need water to cook pretty much anything, (no way am I cooking with bathtub water) as well as the aforementioned coffee / tea addiction.

Oh well, at least I'm not paying for the large amount of heavy equipment currently in the front yard, that would give me a lot more to worry about than not having water for a few hours.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with myself for the day that doesn't involve trying to avoid watching any sappy Sept. 11 tributes on CNN & co on TV. I've had quite enough reasons to viscerally hate George Bush without seeing the families of thousands of people who died while he went on vacation and read to 8 year olds.

By al - 10:25 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger