Sunday, September 26, 2004

I'm starting my own telco.

TunaPhone. See the thing about Asia is it's bustling; people everywhere. So anytime we went out as a group it'd take forever to regroup. Solution: Walkie Talkies!

FRS radios kick ass. I got some cheap Audiovox units from Wal-Mart. They've got a 3km range. I only started using em cause my friend has a set for trips and they use them at rallies and autocrosses. Handy little devices.

I'll beat VinaPhone at their own game. Maybe I'll get some GMRS units with a 13km range and have that as the 'long distance' plan. :) The best part about FRS is pothole warnings and pig detection. But I'm not hardcore enough to go installing a CB into the car though. Besides, truckers are a weird lot.

That's a Ten-Four, Kemosabe.

By TVT - 1:34 p.m. |

Comments:
I remember way back when, in 2nd year or so, I was trying to explain to Greg why using the internet to carry long distance phone calls, which would patch into the normal infrastructure at each end of the call, would be profitable. He wouldn't believe me. Now Vonage is eating my lunch.
 
Primus has my 41 cents a minute. It's still voIP but I don't need to boot up the PC or wear a headset. Quality's pretty good 'cept for some echo now and again. If I wanted to save another penny a minute I'd consider their internet plan. Pity there's no hi-speed near the rice paddies - or computers for that matter.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger