Tuesday, July 13, 2004

OK, so the new thesis plan is to write five pages a day every day until my supervisor comes back from his little male bonding lets-get-sweaty-on-bikes-in-the-woods trip that I didn't ask too many questions about. This should leave ma almost finished by the time it's done, and also likely almost dead. Blogging may or may not be affected, depending on whether I actually keep to this plan or not.

Sometimes, oddly, I find writing about something specious or at least not work-related actually helps me get back into the rhythm of getting words down on the screen, and I can carry that momentum back into the world of circuits and FPGAs and graphs and vertices and all that stuff I can't even bear to think about at the moment.

My long-time lab mate Nancy has an interesting plan to find work now that she's finished her M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, she's hopping on a plane down to San Jose and is going to go around and basically knock on doors until someone hires her. I'm quite awed by this and also by the notion that a little Chinese girl has a bigger set of brass balls to go about this plan than I'll ever have. On the other hand she said that if she does find a job that I'm welcome to visit her and do the same thing if I want to. That sort of speaks to an immigrant sensibility, now that I think about it, bringing your family to a new place one at a time. I'll have to see how my own job hunt goes, I guess.

By al - 3:51 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger