Tuesday, May 18, 2004

By now I have been inundated with many pleas for don't buy Company X gas on a certain day, or hey let's boycott Company Y! They are well meaning, they are well intentioned, but they're not well thought out plans, cause well, they don't work.

But fret not, there are alternatives:

1. Walk/bike/skate. The exercise'll do ya good. Public transit would be next on the list. Obviously this isn't practical for everyone.
2. Buy a more fuel efficient car.
3. Car pool.
4. Stop driving to work altogether and collect unemployment.
5. Stop spamming me.

If you're gonna whine. Do something about it! SUV, minivan and truck sales haven't gone down. This isn't a knock against those cars or the people that truly need these vehicles. It's a knock against "I drive it because it's bigger and therefore 'safer'. Why can't I get anymore than 1 highway 0 city?"

So to sum up. Yes I will participate in your May 19th gas boycott. I've got more than 3/4 a tank. I'm good to go. And for a larf, sure I'll boycott Esso and Petrocan. I usually fill up at Irving or Ultramar anyway.

By TVT - 5:48 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger