Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I was stepping out off of the curb one night a couple of years ago, coming home from the mall after doing a bit of gift shopping, when two cars collided right in front of me. One of those '5 more seconds and you would be right in the middle of that' situations. One person had rolled out too far into the intersection and got smacked.

I had to run into Subway to call the police / etc, after making sure no one was bleading to death (knew that first aid training would come in handy one of these days.) One of those stories that you can make funny by taking the funny parts selectively, but truth be told I kind of sat in my chair at my desk staring into space for a couple of hours after that contemplating death and encounters with strangers and all the rest of it.

Another slightly spooky happening was last November / December, for about 2 weeks straight, every time I would go to the Y to go swimming or do body pump class, I would encounter a fire truck, sirens on, heading somewhere.

By al - 7:02 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger