Monday, December 08, 2003

Hey guys. I am still doing okay in Athens. The weather has been pretty nice up until today. It is not snowing, so I am still enjoying better weather than the lot of you, but the temperature drop down to about 5 C. I wasn't expecting that. I still had a fall coat. You should see the greek. They have hat's mits and scarfs on. The scarfs are usally wrapped around there faces. It is very interesting. Yesterday I got chased by a lady trying to sell me a table cloth. Though yesterday I was midly scared today I find it kind of funny. I have seen a pile of old greek ruins at this point, and Palm trees. I had never seen palm trees before.
Yesterday I also saw, mexican and Navahoe aboriginals playing music and singing in the sqare. when I tried to ask what tribe they were from, the lady said northamerica. I had to fight back the laugh. I returned with yes but which part of north america, it is very large. I had to explain that I was from north amerca before she would tell me more than that. I guess the Greek don't really know much about North america.
I am now rooming with a girl from Whales. I guess Whale is to england as canada is to the states. They normally assume she is from england, where most people assume that I am from the states. I have learned not to snap at the europeans for not realizing that the americans are not the only people over there.
On my first day here, after I wrote the first message for you guys I changed into a skirt and sandles and was told buy a merchant that It was to cold for cloths like that. another merchant tried to sell me a sweater to keep me warm in this cold weather. At that point I was sweating and looking desperately for water. I tried to explain to people about the weather at home. They really can understand temperatures below 0 C. Oh well.....
that is a little disorganized but that is the adventueres of Binnie to date. Perhaps some more up dates later.

By Sabrina - 10:15 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger