Wednesday, April 02, 2008

TV Violence

I would be very confident in saying that violent TV or movies never caused me to copy such violence in real life.

Except for this.




I'm pretty sure I needed to see if I could make a sisterphone just like a muppophone.

I loved that CBC put The Muppet Show on before Mr. Dressup in the mornings right in the middle of their educational kids' TV block, despite it being gloriously un-educational.

On an aside, it looks like this skit was inspired by the mouse oran sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus.



I think the muppet version is actually more since the MP version doesn't show the creatures being battered, and there's someone crying out in protest at the end.

Here's a tidbit from the Muppet Wiki about Marvin Suggs, the mallet-wielding musician:
n the liner notes of the Music, Mayhem and More! CD, Frank Oz said:
I don't recall where Marvin Suggs came from... probably from one of the writer's meetings. But the accent came from my French friend Phillippe Gentry -- I just exaggerated it and made it really annoying. I've always felt Marvin lived in a scuzzy trailer park with his put-upon wife, and he kept the Muppaphones in a cage and would beat them regularly.

Labels: , ,

By al - 7:33 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger