Saturday, March 04, 2006

Paul McCartney vs. Danny Williams

I just caught the tail-end of the re-run of this, and I have to say I was very impressed by Danny Williams and how he handled it. This is the first time I've seen a defense of the sealing industry that didn't end up making it worse. He cited proper statistics and studies by places like the World Wildlife Fund that said that sealing was more humaine than the fast majority of human hunting or fishing or farming practices.

He's not going to change anyone's minds, people who are against sealing are going to stay that way, and it's an opinion I respect, but the attention paid to the sealing practice is completely unwarranted.

On a sie note I think I'd much rather spend my life as a seal living freely in the wild and having my life ended by a swift knock to the head (I'd take that over a polar bear, at any rate) than being a cow that's born, raised, fed, slaughtered and served in a box.

By al - 8:01 a.m. |

Comments:
Exactly.

Plus, Mr Williams continousely invited them to 'come over' so he could basically share his governement's studies and information... but it was somehow shrugged off as being unimportant...

I think that alot of that debate is plain emotionalism. Better not put cameras in slaughterhouses...

Plus, even with the clubbing... the activists shurely wouldn't show anything but the 'club hunting'... because it trumps their argument somewhat...

The Hon. Danny Williams wasn't to bad.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger