Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hosting Trivia Next Week

(cross-posted to we know stuff.)

So, as some kind of bizarre poetic justice, I've been asked to host trivia at Churchill Arms next Tuesday. I've been a bit of a thorn in the side of the woman who hosts it now, so she said she looks forward to heckling me next week.

Personally I can't wait for any opportunity to be a jerk in front of an audience. And I agreed to do it without even knowing that I'll get paid. The hardest part between now and next week is getting people to stop suggesting questions to me, because I don't want even the appearance that I'm helping either Sabrina's or Gabrielle's teams to win.

I do have a few funny questions stored away now, it's funny my usual head for useless facts is even more finely attuned to them now that I know I'll be needing to use them. I also have a few funny lists that I can use as sources for beer questions.

A beer question is where you think of an obscure but guessable fact or number and get people to guess it, putting quarters into a cup when they are get an answer wrong.

A job where I can show off how much stupid crap I know combined with being able to be goofy and funny for a captive audience should be pretty sweet. Most of the questions are the Jeopardy / Trivial Pursuit general knowledge variety, I'll probably throw in a few movie / TV / sports questions for some variety.

It's at the Churchill Arms on Queen St. in Charlottetown, Tuesday, Dec. 13. Trivia starts at 8:30, but I like to get there around 7:45 or 8:00 to get a table. Bring a team and annoy the regulars and I'll love you.

By al - 7:24 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger