Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Career Programmer First Part

I wrote a bit about this great book I recently got over at the mobileneurons blog. Link.
I’m reading the book The Career Programmer: Guerilla Tactics for an Imperfect World by Christopher Duncan and so far it’s the perfect book for someone like me who has all the technical training he can stand in particular languages and platforms and technologies and algorithms but who wants to figure out the ins and outs of working in a real world development team that is less than ideal.

What one finds in one’s first job after school, as I did, was initial excitement at finally getting to build something ‘real’, followed sooner or later by disillusionment and then often despair or anger at not being able to do the activity that has become their passion by then, writing code and building software.
There's quite a bit more there, and I'm gonna keep on writing about the book as I go through it, to keep track of the important parts so I can hold myself to its recommendations.

By al - 9:16 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger