Sunday, October 03, 2004

Nothing like it

Okay most of you know I finished my masters at MUN quite a while ago. Well today I received one of the largest recognition of that. It came via my mother.
Apparently they sent it to her.
It was heavy and bound with a burgundy cover with my name printed in gold on the bottom.
The thesis came to me finally. It is odd to look at all that work bound into one volume, when everyone who has ever done grad school knows there are volumes of stories and work that gets left out. But the neatly printed pages with a minimal number of errors (every thesis I have read to date has had errors in it, mostly typos) makes the accomplishment that much more.

It feels over now

By Sabrina - 4:55 p.m. |

Comments:
Oh man I can't frigging wait to finally get all these revisions and crap done.
 
Hee. The onyl copy I got of mine was the one they marked all over in pencil. My parents asked if they could read it, and I said "sure, if you want to read all about how while the guitar certainly is a phallic symbol comstantly analysing it from that viewpoint is actually a reinstatement of the misogyny of rock".

Apparently they didn't really want to read it. Nor ever discuss what I do with me again...
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger