Monday, July 19, 2004

Leo's Thai Food and Dimsum Palace

New Thai restaurant in Charlottetown. Yay. Freddie sucks for restaurants, especially next to Charlottetown which is smaller but has a much better variety of places to eat. Unless you like pub food, of course. Is it only the tourism factor that lets Charlottetown sustain its food service industry? Is the student population which supports the bars, who don't attempt to serve anything other than pub food during the day, actively hurtig the market for more interesting food ventures?

I'd trade every place that serves wings and burgers in town for being able to get Lebanese, Indian and proper Italian food instead. (except for Bugaboo, they can stay.)

By al - 2:15 p.m. |

Comments:
Maastricht was great for providing a variety of different types of food, all pretty much authentic as far as I could tell. Trying to decide what to have on any given meal was a chore in itself.

Tourism definitely helps the variety in Charlottetown. Summerside's really bland as far as having any variety in cuisine. I haven't found much else in the way of variety elsewhere on the Island.

An interesting and somewhat disturbing thing I've noticed, most people I know in New Brunswick and on the Island don't like trying new food. I can pretty much recite all of my friends' orders at any particular restaurant off the top of my head (which is pretty sad).

I grew up in a different environment which imposed the idea of if it's eatible, try it. I was quite content with randomly pointing at items on a menu when I was in Maastricht and finding out what I got later.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger