Saturday, September 20, 2003

After a long-ass trip, got into Maastricht around noon. Made it in one piece too, luggage and all. The guy that was SUPPOSED to pick me up at the airport, forgot. . . . ended up taking a cab with what little local currency I had left to get to the hotel. At the hotel, I find out that AMEX didn't make a reservation for me so now I'm shoved into this closet of a room (at least it's a closet compared to the room I had last time).

The car arrangement this time around is pretty bad. 4 guys, 4 shifts, 2 cars. . . . not pretty. I really wanted to see more of Europe, but this could put a real damper to my plans. Granted, I have a lot of work to do before I can start thinking about stuff like that.

I passed out on the bed as soon as I walked into the room, really strange for me anyways; as tired as I was, I generally have enough willpower to take a shower first. Overall, I got maybe a couple of hours sleep, ate supper and off to work (and still going). Another hour, back to the hotel for breakfast and then finally I should be able to get some sleep.

One of the guys heard of some computer sale going on tomorrow. I'll try to head out to it, though I'm not too sure how much of a sale it will be; electronics around here tend to be more expensive to start with anyways. A pair of speaker might be nice for the room. I deleted all 2GB of MP3 on my laptop shortly before I left so the only music I have is on my minidiscs.

Trimmed down on the entertainment stuff this trip. Hopefully this helps motivates me to start reading again. At least start working on some of my D&D stuff :-) I've been trying to do that for the last two years.

As for Al's post from a few days ago: Yes, a white cop stopping a black man in a nice car is prejudice. I assume you were trying to illustrate that the cop MIGHT have a reason, other than race, but that statement is by itself flawed. I would rant on about "the incident", but I'm sure every that reads this is sick of it by now :-p

This is really starting to be a long post, catching up for all the time I didn't post while I was doing the work-eat-sleep-D&D routine. . . .

Chantal: honestly did you think you could arrive in Moncton and have nothing to do? Tuan has been planning this for. . . an hour probably. . . . maybe? Chantal will arrive in Moncton, however she will not leave Moncton. It all starts with the words: "Half price."

I think Chantal needs to experience the "People's 'S'", perferablely in the People's Celica. Then, she will then proceed to watch "Gone in 60 Seconds", buy a nice sports car, drive really really fast, and attempt to be like the great one, the most electrifying Asian in sports entertainment. . . . well, it works for Greg anyways :-)

By Ming - 12:42 a.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger