Saturday, March 29, 2003

Charbel Update

From the people you've totally forgetten about department, I ran into Mr. Awad last night. It was actually at the night out that I organized for the CS grad students. Marc Cooper, another sutdent, brought him along. He tells me he is working at the department of justice, as a systems analyst. He seems pretty happy there from what he says, though supposedly they just went through a round of layoffs so he's under more pressure than he was. He also says he's obsessively playing XBox Live games, but didn't say which ones.

The ironic bit is that was the same night as the MacKenzie alumni keg party, which I invited him out to but he wasn't up to it. So it was on teh same night that I got to catch up with a bunch of other people I haven't seen in a long time, too Like Moose was there, and Chris Read, and Gep Scott, Pete came down, obviously, and I believe he has now poured his 2300th pitcher of beer. Had a really long conversation with Heather Craig, don't know if you guys remember her , she was the tall skinny short-haired blonde girl that was in the house for about 3 years from my first year. Lived next to Greg's room one year, I recall. Anyway, it was just definitely very cool t osee so many people from back before MacKenzie house sold out to the man and went all corporate.

Oh, and from the who'd-a-thunk-it department, Chris Read has or is getting a master's degree, and Andrew Parsons (another loud Port-aux-basquianite) is going to law school

By al - 2:18 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger