Thursday, June 17, 2004

This was originally a response to a previous post but grew large enough to be worth a spot on the front page.

According to this calendar for Daron Letz, the fredericton candidate, there doesn't seem to much much at all scheduled between now and electin day.

I'm a bit ticked at Fredericton's voting population at the moment, they seem to vote for familiar names, having just allowed Brad Woodside back into the mayor's office, and they'll likely put Any Scott in Parliament yet again.

The Fredericton candidates don't have much in the way of web presence, compared with the PEI candidates I've looked at who all seem to have blogs that they update regularly. And here I thought we were supposed to be some sort of technology leader :) (insert gripe about city-wide wireless not reaching my house here)

Some candidate blogs:
Dodi Crane, NDP, charlottetown

Shawn Murphy - Liberal - Charlottetown

There seems to be a lot more going on Internet-wise back home than there is here in New Brunswick, or really anywhere else that I've looked for candidate blogs and websites.

One thing that helps PEI is high-profile bloggers like Reinvented who have taken an active role in connecting voters and candidates, holding long meet-the-candidates open meetings and writing about them afterwards.

Around here there is no one to make a stink if a candidate's web presence isn't up to snuff.

Another thing I noticed while at the farmer's market is that when people are there campaigning they pretty much look straight past anyone who looks to be under 30. Voter apathy, indeed.

By al - 12:38 p.m. |

Comments:
You have Fredericton pegged, spot-on! Don't even get me started on the technology hype in this town - I used to work for BrunNet.

I still love this city, though. Someone remind me why that is?
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger