Friday, March 05, 2004

Binnie would be proud. I picked up a white dragon yesterday. I had no intention of buying the new transforming Escaflowne toy due to the mediocre reviews.

"18th place - Yamato Escaflowne Guymelef
The only reason that the Yamato Escaflowne deserves to be on the ballot at all is because it's a diecast, transforming version of this much beloved mech. With glowing reviews such as; "Ass" and "It sucks but I love it anyways", it was evident pretty early on that Esca didn't have a snowball's chance this year. The toy itself comes three years late and is a complete disaster in just about every aspect of execution. Whereas one can generally feel the love that went into designing most Yamato products, Esca feels like its designers gave up on it in frustration and then decided to go ahead and release it anyway."

Alas geekdom got the best of me. I transformed him once, and whoo boy was that a royal pain in the ass. Musn't break. Musn't break. Huzzah! At least they had legible English along with the Japanese instructions this time.

Now to find me a Panda-Z...

By TVT - 1:29 p.m. |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger