Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Unfortunate but Entertaining

There's something rather entertaining about breaking your wrist on your dominant hand and being stuck in a cast....

Over the past few days I have had to learn to eat, shower, cook, brush my teeth and do everything with my right hand....

In general the whole situation SUCKS, especially when you live alone and can't do dishes or really cook for yourself...

but at the same time, laughing at myself when it takes me 1.5 hours to shower, eat, dress and do my hair (forget about doing makeup) when it used to only take me 35 minutes or so has provided some diversion for me.

Teaching when you can't write on the board...also interesting. (as is typing with one hand...)

good to know though that I have a built in weapon now if I need it...and should the need ever arise, a place to hide a shank....

By chantal - 8:19 AM |

Comments:
Ohhh ouch Chantal, get well soon.

*hug*
 
My aunt is going through the exact same thing, she broke hers two weeks ago while hiking.

The most annoying thing she found was trying to put new sheets on her bed..all the weird little things.
 
Yeah. I'm pretty lousy working with my left hand.

From what I know, breaks have a set time to heal. Think of it has a good opportunity to get better at your off-hand :-p

Best wishes.
 
I've been without my right hand a few times, the typing and the writing will come...showering is a pain in the ass if you have a cast reguardless...

Hope it doesn't take too long to mend.
*hugs*
 
Man, it'd be awful weird to have to errr- massage with the other hand. *slinks away*
 
Variety is the spice of life, you know.
 
Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger