Monday, November 10, 2003

So I got my first ticket today. It was a parking ticket. I had seen the meter man going around downtown, so I was sure to put money in the meter. It was a late lunch break, and I wanted to drop by Tony's Music Box to see what they had in the way of digital pianos and sheet music. I dropped in a quarter, got 17 minutes, read the "1/2-hour maximum" written on the meter, and thought, "OK, I'll be in and out in 15 minutes, and then I'll go home for lunch."

1hr 40 minutes later....
$8 parking ticket :(

But it was worth it. They have a Yamaha baby grand in there with a $20,000 price tag on it. That's more than my car. $8 to play a $20k piano? Yeah, that's ok.

And a digital piano with decent action (not those $200 keyboards with springy keys) costs $1700-$10000, depending. Now that's worth two frowny smileys. :( :(

The thing is, a used 'real' upright is only about $500-$1500. It's just that they're so bloody heavy. Grrrr :< That and they're loud (when played right). *sigh*

And that was the highlight of my day.

By Silent_G - 5:06 PM |

    follow me on Twitter

    al's del.icio.us Links

    • www.flickr.com
      This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dragonofsea. Make you own badge here.
    •  
    • (al)



    • Powered by Blogger